Our environmental programme also promotes internal environmental best practice. Key areas include:
- Our warehouses and offices currently recycle the majority of office and waste including paper, can, cups, printer cartridges and IT equipment. This has reduced waste going to landfill.
- We recycle card and paper and push this back into the supply chain on a weekly basis.
- We source sustainable supplies and use recycled paper throughout our operations and for printing of literature.
- Using our new on site crushing and mashing machines we have significantly reduced our waste landfill tonnage.
- We have implemented a 'Switch Off' campaign which ensures equipment is switched off when not being used.
- We display Government Energy Savings posters at all of our warehouses and sites which identify steps that can be taken within an office environment to reduce energy and general waste.
- All computers are set to hibernate after a fixed time of non-activity and switched off overnight.
- We ensure that all I.T equipment carriers the Energy Star logo which generally use 20- 30% less energy than required standards.
- All I.T redundant equipment is recycled or disposed of by a recycler registered with the Environment Agency.
- We receive a WEEE certificate for disposed equipment.
- Whenever possible we source products from sustainable sources and environmentally friendly suppliers.